Police Chief Superintendent
1st National Summit on
MARIKINA - (02)-571-8136
CALOOCAN - (02)-332-7695
BAGUIO - (074)-424-3199
TARLAC - (045)-628-0246
ILOILO - (soon)
CEBU - (032)-256-3081
DAVAO - (082)-224-5357
ZAMBOANGA - (062)-993-0948
CAGAYAN DE ORO - (088)-588-1740
The Firearms and Explosive Division composed of the following Offices will be referred to as: 1) Command, Direction and Supervision: 2) Personnel and Material Management Branch; 3) Operational Management Branch; 4) Firearms Management Branch; and 5) Explosives Management Branch.
BRIEF FUNCTION OF EACH OFFICE
Office of the Chief Firearms Explosive Division
- Manage the FED in the attainment of its mission and function.
- Advice the Chief PNP on all matters pertaining to Firearms and Explosives.
- Submit periodic reports and other requirements as directed by higher headquarters.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by higher authority
Office of the Assistant Chief, FED:
- The Asst. Chief, FED must keep himself informed of and be abreast with the operation and administration of the Division so that he can assume direction, if necessary, and the logical sequence of direction, guidance, planning, decision and operation.
- Directing during the Chief’s temporary absence
- Acting as Division representative as required/authorized
- Acting as trouble shooter by supervising in selected/ required situation.
- Acts as the general supervisor of all Division activities.
- Head of the planning staff for future or special projects.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates the work and operation of all other staff.
- Formulates and announces Division staff procedures and policies.
- Keeps the Chief and the Division informed of matters that affect them.
- Receives the Chief’s decisions and converts them into orders.
Office of the Chief Personnel & Materiel Management Branch:
- To assist the Chief, FED in the management of both human and material resources assigned to the Division, to attain their optimum utilization.
- To ensure that salary, allowances amelioration and other benefits due to FED personnel are given to them on time.
- To supervise and ensure the stringent compliance of personnel working under the branch to the demand of their works
- To perform such other duties as Chief, FED may direct.
Office of the Chief Operation Management Branch:
- Supervise and manage the office in the attainment of its primary objectives, goals and functions through the various sections.
- Recommends the approval of the C, PNP thru C, FED the gun Club Recognition and firing range accreditation.
- Recommends the approval of the C, FED the “Authorities” for Personnel Embassy and Gun Club Shooters/Athletes.
- Approves Permit to/ transport FA’s for Gun Club members, Private Security Agencies and Company Guard Forces.
- Signs Gun Safety Seminar Certificate of Attendance conducted by FED.
- Authenticates Gun Safety Seminar Certificate of Attendance conducted by Gun Clubs with Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- Prepares weekly, monthly and annual accomplishment reports.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
Office of the Chief Firearms Management Branch:
- Receives process and issues corresponding license or permit for application to posses’ firearms and ammunitions.
- Process applications to manufacture, deals and repair of Firearms.
- Issues safe conduct passes and shipping permits for firearms and ammunitions.
- Responsible for the computerization of firearms license issued to individuals, juridical and government entities and security agencies.
- Collates data on the collection of firearms, licensees, license and other firearms-related fees.
Office of the Chief Explosive Management Branch
- To ensure the attainment of the mission and functions of the explosive branch.
- To ensure regularity in the exercise of the powers vested and/or delegated to the branch.
- To perform other duties as the Chief, FED may direct.